Are you thinking about becoming a massage therapist, but do not know where to begin? Here are 5 steps to becoming a licensed massage therapist.
1. Massage therapists should complete a certificate or diploma degree program from an accredited massage school approved by the state.
2. Each state has a requirement for the number of hours of hands-on experience massage students must have before they can obtain their license.
3. After completing the massage therapy education program, a licensing exam is required.
4. Find information about your state’s licensing requirements by checking the American Massage Therapy Association’s website.
5. As a massage therapist, you need liability insurance for massage therapy that protects you and your practice, and covers everything you do!
The American Massage Council (AMC) offers the most affordable and reliable professional liability insurance for massage therapy coverage that checks all of your desired boxes.
Having professional liability insurance for massage therapy with AMC will offer peace of mind that you will be protected in your day-to-day massage practice so you can do what you love, helping others.
At the American Massage Council, we believe the more we help you, the more you will help others.