Whether in private massage practice, spa, hospital, or chiropractic clinic, it is important to maintain a healthy and vital state of being to thrive professionally.
The healthier your physical and emotional state, the more grounded, focused, and better your massage sessions, ultimately leading to repeat clients and lots of referrals.
Here are 5 tips on how to maintain the balance of mind & body as a massage therapist:
1. Get Enough Sleep: Sleep is important because it enables the body to repair and be fit and ready for another day.
2. Stay hydrated: Being well-hydrated regulates body temperature, keeps joints lubricated, prevents infections, delivers nutrients to cells, keeps organs functioning properly, improves sleep quality, cognition, and mood.
3. Eat a nutrient-dense diet: Eating a nutritious diet including vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, nuts, and seeds, and lean protein is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. i
4. Get daily exercise: Being active has been shown to have many health benefits, both physically and mentally.
5. Take a day of rest: A day of rest improves short-term memory, increases productivity, boosts your immune system, and improves your creativity.
As a massage therapist, you also need liability insurance for massage therapy that protects you and your practice, and covers everything you do!
The American Massage Council (AMC) offers the most affordable and reliable professional liability insurance for massage therapy coverage that checks all of your desired boxes.
Having professional liability insurance for massage therapy with AMC will offer peace of mind that you will be protected in your day-to-day massage practice so you can do what you love, helping others.
At the American Massage Council, we believe the more we help you, the more you will help others.